Brand new American Autowire Classic Update Wire Kit for a 1955 1956 1957 1958 and 1959 Chevrolet Truck. However, the best aspect to the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in. This includes AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO, just to name a few.
This kit features the following:
1. Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on fuse panel.
2. Fuse box and custom mounting plate are designed for bolt-on under dash installation. All required hardware supplied. Location selected for easy accessibility and clearance of under dash accessories such as all gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, as well as aftermarket & original GM tilt steering columns.
3. New floor dimmer switch is provided. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
4. Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster harness disconnect" system for easy service and assembly. All original terminals, connectors, and light sockets are also supplied for original cluster gauges.
5. Original dome light wiring as well as additional door jamb switches and under dash lighting are provided.
6. Heater control panel lighting, power, and blower motor leads are included for original style heaters as well as after market heat and AC updates such as HOTROD AIR, VINTAGE AIR, etc. Connections are also wired in for the glove box and cigarette lighter.
7. Engine wiring includes connectors for points type and H.E.I. distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM H.E.I. distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM "SI" series internal regulated and all "one wire" alternators. GM "CS" series alternator adapter available separately.
8. Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light, and directional light connectors and terminals are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC).
9. Replacement headlight switch with internal circuit breaker included. Retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob are also included. Extra connectors and instructions are supplied for installation of original headlight switches.
10. Accessory disconnect provided for connections to power windows, power seats, cruise control, fuel pump, power door locks, extra radio (CB), or optional power accessory.
11. Steering column connectors will plug directly into most after market steering columns, as well as 1969 and later GM columns which utilize stock GM turn signal switches. The original column can also be wired by using the supplied mating connector and terminals.
12. New ignition switch is included with indexed connector. Additional connectors and instructions are provided to use the original ignition switch.
13. Engine wiring includes starter and gauge sender leads for water temp, oil pressure, voltmeter, and tach. Heavy 8 gauge alternator leads are supplied. Power circuits are fusible link protected.
14. Rear body harness assembly is designed to plug into the main harness in the original position, utilizing existing retainers. Flexibility in harness design allows for original or custom routing. Both pickup and suburban models are accommodated. Rear body wiring includes backup light wires and mating connectors for backup light leads. License plate lead, connectors, and terminals included. Fuel tank sender wire and terminal included. Leads and terminals included for jamb switches and dome light.